Friday, March 27, 2009

Come and Gone


It's almost as if spring has come and gone. Hopefully it will come back soon as well as other things that have come and gone. It's been a very busy and stressful week here at the Glass household. We have had family parties, birthdays, dance practices and preparations for dance competitions as well as all of the other "normal" things we have to do on a daily basis just to keep up. Sometimes it is way too overwhelming. As I once told my mom, I need to take time to smell the flowers or as she told me often, don't sweat the small stuff. That is hard to remember to do when you are in the middle of everything. Maybe when dance is done, school is out, and summer has come we will have time to just relax!!
One thing relaxing we have done recently is attend an art show at Krystal's school last night. It showcased a bunch of art that Krystal and other students had done while attending an after school art class. The art was very good and Krystal is very creative. I am really proud of her. She accomplishes whatever she sets her mind to. She received a certificate of achievement, sketchbook and color pencils for her reward. Yeah Krystal.
Another recent thing happening at the Glass house is that dad has been laid off work for awhile. While this is not such good news, it is nice to have him home. We enjoy his cooking. He is also doing really well with getting the girls ready for school in the morning including combing their hair. He is a great daddy and we love him. Enough rambling for now. I've got to go smell the flowers.

3 comments:

Hess Bunch said...

Tell Krystal, "Way to go!" That's absolutely awesome! She is very creative and I think she's been able to draw ever since she was tiny. It's good to see Chris get the opportunity to be home with you. He was sometimes gone for a long time and I know how hard that was on you and the girls. Don't sweat the small stuff. Mom said that all the time. Seems like even now she still reminding me of that every day. Love you!

Manu Family said...

LOL... glad your stoping and smelling the flowers... maybe i should take your advice... cus i have had one busy week.... so ya i heard its cold out there right when we are about to be there... anyways thanks for sharing i enjoyed reading =)

Hess Bunch said...

My clipart is PC hugware. I'll see what I can help you with when we get some time. I've had it for a long time. :)